Friday, November 28, 2008

Body Parts

I had never ever think about my body parts seriously till I got hit by liver cancer. I should say before my cancer, I was a healthy woman who never been to the hospital as a sick person except went to see friends. I am not a smoker, not a drinker nor not believe in one night stand sex crazy person either (although some thought excitement, that's never occur to me). As no one know the future, here I got my new liver.

I am thinking about my body parts alot after I got my new precious life. Naturally of course my liver this and my liver that! See as you all knows hair, nails, skin and Liver regrow itself. Now see teeth regrow once only. The minute you change into adult teeth that's it, never again (That's what I am telling to my son often). I am not talking about implant. By the way I got one tooth implant 12 years ago in Gainesville. It done so well and so look nice still there never bother me. It is the one stay in the back not the front.

Here as a believer I want to bring it in The Creation. I do believe in that the creation is perfect....so perfect. Lets reverse that in my way of thinking.......OK put it this way, if your breast, your nose (Like Pinocchio??), your private part, your arms and your legs need to be retrim often as we did our nail, hair....Oh how painful we are going to be just for thinking only. Now how great my deep thought for a day!!!

I got the below article from my subscriber. Nothing to do with my today blog but you can read as knowledge or as to kill your time. Free will!


Do Race, Gender Play a Role in Liver Transplant?
By Alice Carver 17:40, November 26th 2008

A new study has tried to find an answer to the question whether race or gender plays a role on who is eligible for a liver transplant. The report from Dr. Cynthia Moylan and colleagues at Duke University Medical Center in Durham, North Carolina discovered a new disparity – between men and women.

The study found women were less likely than men to get a life-saving liver transplant, perhaps because of physical differences between the two sexes, according to the study published in this week’s Journal of the American Medical Association. The authors of the new study looked at more than 45,000 patients, black and white, on the Organ Procurement and Transplantation Network waiting list for liver transplantation between Jan. 1, 1996, and Dec. 31, 2000, and between Feb. 28, 2002, and March 31, 2006 (after the new system of liver transplant, called the MELD Score System (Model for End-Stage Liver Disease), was introduced).

The new system has reduced the racial inequity, but gender disparity remains. This means that women are less likely to receive a transplant and more likely to die. This problem is the result of several factors, including women's smaller size (meaning they need a smaller liver), higher likelihood of having an autoimmune disease, and the fact that women have less muscle mass. “Sex differences persist despite the (new system),” the study authors said. “Whether these differences result from true anatomic differences or represent a problem not addressed by the use of the (system) mandates further investigation.”

“It's important that we make sure that these livers are allocated fairly,” said Duke’s Dr. Cynthia Moylan, first author of the study.

1 comment:

Helen said...

Not the comment but want you to read as another liver news."I am so sorry to hear the Patrick Swayze's cancer new. Dirty Dancing is one of the movies that I like."

My little prayer for him is "God thy will be done. I am fully trust that you wil taking care of him too."

Patrick Swayze's cancer reportedly spread to his liver
Nov. 27, 2008 08:13 AM
BANG Showbiz

'Dirty Dancing' star Patrick Swayze - who announced earlier this year he is suffering from pancreatic cancer - has started preparing himself for death by saying goodbye to his friends and family after discovering the deadly disease has infected another part of his body.

A source told National Enquirer magazine: "Patrick recently got word that the cancer had spread to his liver and that is what his doctors said would begin the countdown to the end. Patrick knew it was coming because he was suffering increased weakness.

"At times, he was so weak that he could barely walk without feeling faint. Sometimes he feels out of breath and has to sit down."
Patrick, 56, has reportedly told Lisa, his wife of 33 years, and his brother Donny that he doesn't have long to live.

The source added: "Lisa phoned Donny in Los Angeles and told him he need to come to Chicago, where Patrick has been filming TV show 'The Beast'. She was crying and scared Donny to death.

"Donny got the impression his brother was already on his deathbed because Lisa was saying Patrick wanted to say goodbye. She couldn't stop crying."

Patrick has been undergoing pioneering Cyberknife radiotherapy at California's Stamford University Medical Center, and had been making a steady recovery from the illness.