Friday, October 2, 2009

2/10/09

I just looked at my calendar while sitting at my doctor clinic! I feel like Christmas is on the corner. Coming soon right??? I love Christmas, I really do!! Christmas makes me feel that I am still 12 years old and also 40 ++ years old lady too.

As 12 years old I would say, I am waiting for the Santa Claus to give me a present, a cheque. Robins is my beloved Santa!! I hope my good Santa will bring me a cheque and not a pot or a pan. Do I need to write a letter to him, I should don't I?? Yes, I am looking forward into it!

As 40++ year old I will say, I am so looking forward to this special season which is remind me not to forget sharing, loving, kindness, thoughtful and be with the family and friends to worship my Christ!!

2/10/09, today I started my day at very early. I went to withdraw my blood at 730 am to check my prograf level. Turn out good number, 5.3 which is OK for after 3 years of liver transplant. In the beginning they wanted to keep around 9. Then headed to tennis, I did really enjoy my tennis today. I was sweat like, what ever..... a cow!! Hey by the way have you ever seen animal sweat??? Good question ha!!

After tennis, back to my doctor's office to read my result. At 11 am , there were 7 people walked into the room while I was waiting my turn. I heard they were talking in Burmese and Chinese. Believe me if I said I am good at languages. I speaks Shan, Burmese, Chinese mostly Cantonese, Spanish, Lahu, French (I got my diploma in 1985) from Rangoon Foreign Language Institute), Thai (more sound Issan) and English!! Both my cook, cleaner and driver in Bangkok are not speaking English... think it, why is the reason?? Of course I wanted to speak Thai!! Same as all my workers in Guatemala/Belize in the farm, they do not speak English but only Spanish!! My son first talk was "Ma ma Aqua!" Here a boy who is half American and half Shan but starting to talk Spanish!!

I no need to listen but as they were sitting next to me in doctor office I heard what they all are talking about! I no need to detail here what they are talking but by hearing, the conversation among them make me laughed in my mind. I admitted that in language mostly I play dumb dumb in the public! Trust me I am not a good cook, not a good speaker, not a good business woman but.... good at languages. When I was training people in HK/Macao, after 2 years I was training to hospitality industrial people in "Cantonese"!!

Here is the best part....... one of the man was looking at me and whispering to his wife. He was doing this often right in front of me. A kind of barbarian people acted. They have no doubt that for sure I was a Thai Lady. Here I was with my tennis outfit so they might think what is this woman doing here! I went to see my doctor came out, walked straight to them, and said, "Are you from Burma??" in Burmese! They all looked so surprised and silent.... then feel kind of shy looked!

The minute I smiled, a smile that remembered by the husband and he said, "Are you Helen??" This time I was shocked and talk to my shelf., "Oh oh what is this fat Burmese guy? How he knows me?? Who he is?" He continued and said, " I am Myint Lwin! I was talking to my wife that you looked like my friend in University years.! "

Without thinking twice my big mouth opened and said, " You are Myint Lwin? How come you not look like before. You are fat and old.!" OK in English is ugly to say or to hear such fat and old to someone but in Burmese and for an old friend, it is very OK to call some one FAT and OLD!! no problem at all but make sure that he or she is truly FAT and OLD. You can't make it up your self because this can be destroyed your relationship forever. Also when you call someone FAT and OLD, make sure you laugh a lot too.

I was a kind of happy thinking that after almost 20 years, Myint Lwin remembered me is... I am still look quite the same last 20 years right?? But for Myint Lwin is bad because I do not remembered him. He is truly FAT and OLD though!

Myint Lwin was the laziest friend who was in my Biology Lab group! I can't ask him to do nothing for the lab. He also can't touch any animal said "smelled!!" He loves one of my friends..'Kham Pooe" a very very beautiful Shan girl. For him University years was not for study but persuading Kham Pooe to become his wife. Looking at his wife face today, Kham Pooe was not become his wife but he got a Chinese Woman who is very plain! Sad.

Myint Lwin is not good at study at all but talking to him he become a successful businessman. He has 10 fishing boats and he has fish warehouse. When people has a hard time in business he said he is still selling fish good! With that size of Diamond ring (about 4 carets) and the size of his belly I think he speak the true!!

Nice to see you Myint Lwin after many many years!!! Hope your test result will be fine too.

No comments: