Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Rules

One of the rules which Robins set up in our house is no borrowing money! (OK, I understand those who need to borrow the money from Bank, friends, private firm...ta ta ta ta). Everyone has different situations. In my family if we want or need something, we paid it all. The reason is...... Robins said, "we sleep well."

When I was starting into my little Gem and jewellery business , Robins said no loan or lend the money but....... he told me if I wanted to loan the money this will be only from our family money which I think, Oh yeah ......very good deal!! No interest, no due date, of course which wife will think this is a bad deal.

Yesterday I went to the Burmese Gem office in Bangkok and saw 8 carets Burmese unheated natural ruby. Asking price tag 30 million Baht, (about 900,000 US$)!! The ruby is so beautiful and the colour is just RED! Even with this price, there was a positive inclusion in the middle. Without this positive inclusion, I can't imagine how much it will going up!!! I touch it, I put it on my ring finger and I even smell it (ha ha) but you know... to be honest I do not need it! For sure this will end up in Taiwan or New York with a good price tag. Remember it is very rare to find such kind of Ruby nowaday.

While we were sitting in the office, a Chinese man came into with a rough Burmese Ruby (uncut), which is sooooooooooooooooo beautiful. I wish you all can see the beauty of this rough ruby. Calling prize at 3 million Baht!! Again I look at it under microscope and it was brightly red.

I was drooling on those two rubies but I am still sleeping very well!! I do not need them as my property. I like my liver more than the rubies!! Thank you for showing me though Mr. R.

I had lunch with Ms. M, Mr. D, Mr. R and KLM. They are my Burmese Gem dealers. Gem business is a bit similar to rug business. I mean the way handling to sell them. Rugs, you have to let the customers take them or send the rug to their home to try on and see how match with other furniture. So does the gems! sometime you let the gems go with the friend the one that you trust. But sometime the one that you trust turn into the one that you want to kill because of cheating.

The different is, rug who wants to carry and run away? A good rug can be sooooooo heavy, who wants to run with this heavy rug?? May be only the stupid will do such running. But in gems business, Oh yes... there are so many running away with them. Some even run one country to another.

At yesterday lunch table, I gathered how much cheating going on in the gems business.

Mr. D got cheating by a man from India with 3 million baht worth of rubies.

Ms. M got cheating by a good friend. The friend owns her 700,000 bath.

Ms. P also got cheating by a broker for 1 million baht.

I was so surprise to hear that how, when and where they got cheated.

Here I recall one of my stupid experience.......

Ms. M is early 40 and single mother to a 15 year old son. She is in the gems business for almost 25 year. She is the one who I ask if I need to know today market price. I know her for 7 years now.

Ms. M has a friend who does the same business. Two years ago her friend borrowed 700,000 baht from M. The problem is this woman never gave back to Ms. M the money that she borrowed. Sometime I saw this woman sunning around in Silom when I am doing business with Ms. M. Of course the two women borke up so badly. None of my business beside I just listen undated new from M who is so unhappy with the woman who used to be her very very good friend.

To my surprise, the woman who own the money to M went to buy a brand new house outside of Bangkok for 5 million baht. Everytime when M came to my hosue to show me some new gems, she looks so dead lately. M was so upset on her friend who did not pay back to M the money but living in the good looking house. I would be so mad if I were in M's shoes, don't you think so too??

My problem is if I see someone not fair on the other I can't take it especailly to M who is a woman and a mother, alone working her butt off to feed her son and herself also who is trying to buy a house in Chantaburi for her and her son's future life.

Without thinking I opened my mouth to Ms. M, "Hey M, be sweet to her and do not angry. Remember Sugar get more than bitter!! Get into business with her again and if you have the chance took her real good gems, tell her to show some of your customers. In point blank why don't you tell her that you lost them all." None of my business but here with my free advise which I did not think or realize that M will take it seriously.

I honestly admit it here when I opened my moth, it was just purely out of my anger seeing unfair which I can't take any cheating.


I saw Ms. M yesterday with a huge smile and said, "I did it exactly as your advise."!! She even Thanks to me. She said thank you to me 7 times!! but I feel so ants in my pant!! I really do. I felt like I invade some one's problem which is none of my problem.

If someone punch you, as a Christian you have to give your other cheek but here what happening was.......someone punch other some one's cheek and I, as a third person went to punch the cheater's cheek! Wowww...What wrong with you Helen??

I feel so bad that I have to blog it out! What I can say it beside, "Sorry!".

No comments: