Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Give me more answers

There is a question that I always asking to myself. Till today I did not get the answer which will make me understand it. I forgot to ask my liver doctors. By the way I need to withdraw my blood tomorrow early morning for checking up my liver function. When I see my doctor, I will ask!!

Here is my question.........................

Question: "Why the right side of liver lobe is bigger than the left side of liver lobe?"


Here are some answers that people are providing (Not from doctors). I search them from Google............


-"because on the left side heart is present hope this will help good day/night ahead.............."
Helen said: To be honest I have no idea what is this person talking about!

-"The liver is a vital organ present in vertebrates and some other animals; it has a wide range of functions, a few of which are detoxification, protein synthesis, and production of biochemicals necessary for digestion. The liver is necessary for survival; a human can only last up to 24 hours without liver function.[citation needed]The liver plays a major role in metabolism and has a number of functions in the body, including glycogen storage, decomposition of red blood cells, plasma protein synthesis, and detoxification. The liver is also the largest gland in the human body. It lies below the diaphragm in the thoracic region of the abdomen. It produces bile, an alkaline compound which aids in digestion, via the emulsification of lipids. It also performs and regulates a wide variety of high-volume biochemical reactions requiring very specialized tissues.[2]Medical terms related to the liver often start in hepato- or hepatic from the Greek word for liver, hēpar (ήπαρ).[3]"
Helen Said: Well.... this guy explains well about the liver's jobs but did not answer my curiosity! I know what is liver for but I do not know why one side is small and the one side is big!!


-"If both the left and right lobes of the liver were equally large (the liver is the largest gland in the body), there would be no room for the pancreas. Do not try at home. "
Helen Said: This guy is good at 50% only and I will accept it as half correct answer.

-"It is the only way it would fit. There is a limited amount of space and the liver grew to fit the space available."
Helen Said: Hummmmmm That's not true! When 2 spots show up in my left lobe of liver, I asked my doctor that can he resects my left lobe side of my liver. He said to me.... left side will grow bigger than normal size. Means, not growning back to the right side! Wowww who can beat the real original creation!


-"The liver is actually the kidney, so your question does not make sense! "
Helen Said: I wanted to know this guy's education level! I dare to say he is not MD!


-"I thought liver was only on the right side ?? "
Helen Said: This guy definitely need to go back to Year 5!


-"Space constraints!"
Helen Said: No idea!


-"my left and right are the same size i think my middle livers the biggest."
Helen Said: I hope this guy will never become a liver surgery. You never know what he will resect or cut off your body parts!!


-"Why ask us. Ask god"
Helen Said: This guy will live longer and happier!

1 comment:

Helen said...

I am also thinking this. See in human body parts...

2 lobe of brain (left and right)
2 eye balls (left and right)
2 ears (left and right)
2 nose holes (left and right)
2 breasts (left and right)
2 Kidneys (left and right)
2 lungs (left and right)
2 bottoms (left and right)
2 arms (leftand right)
2 legs (left and right)
2 testicals (left and right or dangling??)
2 Ovaries (left and right)
Now see this....

1 mouth (In the front)
1 Vagina (In the front)
1 Anus (in the back)
1 Heart (Inside)
1 Pancreas (Inside)
1 Penis

10 fingers (every direction that's why we can point!!)
10 toes ??

No numbers for the Hair !!

Then see this,how can I say for the liver??

1 liver or 2 livers ?? I Confuse because of the shape!!

Bones!! How many??

The creation is wonderful!