Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Breaking Point Again!

Note: The following is the health news that I subscribe from Google.


I just only want to say; "Thank you America and thank you to never giving up doctors!!" If I am in Shan State, I'll be dead by now and may be the warms are happying for the food.

Amazingly I have been living a quality life for 3 years! Again thank you to Shand Hospital, University of Florida. Thank you to my doctors, Dr. Hemming, Dr. Langham Jr., Dr. Nelson, Dr. Souldevilla Pico of course my buddies at Transplant Team, Rocky Lab, Nurses and to a University Hospital bus driver. I love this lady but I can't remember her name who I encounter totally twice in my life. She makes me laugh and make me also can't forget her everytime I go back to Gainesville!! What a joyful one. Also thank you to my Thai Doctors, Dr. Sinn and Dr. Surasak.


Above of all thoes people a very big big thank you to my Lord Jesus Christ who is walking with me and being with me all those diffiicult days....and till now.

I love you my Lord and my God!

Ok enjoy the reading!



Reuters
World`s 1st Total Artificial Heart to Dual Heart & Liver Transplant Performed at Cleveland Clinic
Tue Nov 3, 2009 8:55am EST Email Print Share Reprints Single Page[-] Text [+]

Featured Broker sponsored link
63-Year-Old Dentist Undergoes 14-Hour Landmark Surgery
TUCSON, Ariz.--(Business Wire)--
SynCardia Systems, Inc. (www.syncardia.com), manufacturer of the SynCardia
temporary CardioWest Total Artificial Heart, announced today that Cleveland
Clinic has performed the world`s first Total Artificial Heart to dual heart and
liver transplant.

"Cleveland Clinic has made medical history with their use of the Total
Artificial Heart to bridge a very ill patient to a dual heart and liver
transplant," said Dr. Jack Copeland, internationally renowned transplant surgeon
and Total Artificial Heart pioneer. "My congratulations go out to Drs. Nicholas
Smedira and Randall Starling, two world class physicians."

After living with the Total Artificial Heart for 113 days, on May 1, 2009, Dr.
Michael Zabell received the donor heart and liver during a 14-hour landmark
surgery involving two different transplant teams. Today, Dr. Zabell is enjoying
life at home with his wife of 19 years and his two daughters, ages 17 and 15.

"I`ve had more doctors than the Cleveland Browns have had quarterbacks," said
Dr. Zabell. "Dr. Smedira is not only an outstanding surgeon but he`s really a
wonderful guy. Cleveland Clinic has an outstanding group of surgeons, physicians
and hospital staff, including my cardiologist Dr. Starling. I can`t say enough
about the care."

Dr. Zabell was first admitted to the hospital to wait for a heart transplant on
Aug. 18, 2008. He was given medication to help his heart function, but his
condition continued to deteriorate. By January 8, 2009, his heart had become so
weak that doctors needed to implant the Total Artificial Heart to buy him more
time until a matching donor heart and liver could be found.

*Disclosure* Nicholas Smedira, MD, is a paid consultant for SynCardia Systems,
Inc.

Originally used as a permanent replacement heart, the Total Artificial Heart is
currently approved as a bridge to human heart transplant for patients dying from
end-stage biventricular failure. The Total Artificial Heart is the only device
that provides immediate, safe blood flow of up to 9.5 L/min through both
ventricles.

The SynCardia Total Artificial Heart is the first and only FDA, Health Canada
and CE Mark approved Total Artificial Heart in the world. There have been more
than 800 implants of the Total Artificial Heart, accounting for more than 170
patient years of life on the device.

Photos/Multimedia Gallery Available:
http://www.businesswire.com/cgi-bin/mmg.cgi?eid=6089811&lang=en

SynCardia Systems, Inc.
Don Isaacs
Vice President of Communications
Cell: 520-955-0660

Copyright Business Wire 2009

No comments: