Monday, January 18, 2010

6 months due check up

Say, you got told that you have tumor in your liver and found out that the type of tumor is the deadly "Cancer". I have some questions and here they are...

-What do you feel?

-What will you do?

-What are you mostly will thinking about?

Honestly, I want to know and tell me please what do you think that what you are going to feel?

Let me share with you this (as a liver cancer survivor), ...........

"You will never know the real feeling of having Cancer unless you are one of them!"


NO matter how much you say that you understand what or how the cancer patients are feeling unless you are in the same boat then........ you will know the TRUE feeling of the cancer patients. Trust me on that!!
I've been there and never want to go back.

I faced 2 big liver surgeries. Now I am cancer free for 4 years. Even 4 years of cancer free, when the big test day is dued..... I feel scare. My most concern is, if the result is bad how I am going to tell Robins and Shan. The month before my due date I am starting to face sleepless and so many thinking come acrossed all over your head.


-I do not want to die because I still want to be with people who I love!


-I want to see my son's wife
.

-I am worry that if I am gone what Robins is going to do.


-Who will go to see my grand mother.


-Who is going to send some money, some time to help my 2 step brothers. Live in Burma no job and no income!!

-Who is going to give my son's vitamin.


-I want to see what my son is going to be.. a doctor, a movie star or toilet cleaner??? who's know??...........list go on!!!!!!


Today is my 6 months big check up day!!! Wake up 7 am and went to the hospital. The lab nurse withdraw my blood and then took me to do the Ultrasound room. My US doctor said I can do MRI once a year now on and my last MRI was at Shand Hospital, UF in July.


At 820 am, I was laying down on the nice clean bed in the hospital with the feeling of "the whole world is sitting on top of me". I felt so heavy in my heart. After 10 minutes here came a doctor and a nurse to roll the thingy on all over my liver.


There is an extra screen right in front of my face to see what they are seeing. I looked at it the first 2 minutes but after that I closed my eyes tight because I do not know what I am seeing and I can't take it any more!


In the first 2 minutes before I shut my eyes, what I saw was full of spots. Just spots and spots and spots. It took only 15 minutes and the job was done.

Went down to the coffee shop, relax abit and walked straight to the doctor's office to read the results. I said a very shot prayer........
"Not my will, thy will be done. Amen!"

The doctor greeted me ..."Hello how are you, sit down." Then he opened his computer and showed me all my internal organs page by page. "All clean and uneventful!!!"

Right in front of my doctor I fold my hands, looked up and said......,
"Thank you Jesus Christ!" I really do. For me I say again, to walk on this earthly world as a liver transplant recipient, without Christ is impossible.

"The doctors operated and put the liver into my body and Christ is the only one who make this liver working and staying with me for 4 years now !!!!"

11 comments:

shirley said...

Such happy beautiful wonderful news makes me feel also happy beautiful and wonderful on your behalf, as if you needed anyone else to do so! Congratulations and enjoy your celebrating!!!

Anonymous said...

My Dear Shirley,

Thank you so very much for enjoying with me. Yes... I am very happy and very thankful too.

Thank you for reading my not so good English blog. With this not so correct English, I will praise till the day what ever lay ahead of me.

Love ya!
Helen

Anonymous said...

Dear Helen
Happy to note, your detailed doctor visit for check up, and final Good result, your faith in God our creater is big plus, you keep on praying and leave it to God, he will look after you.
God Bless you, keep it up.
Loves
Govind Bharvaney

Anonymous said...

Praise God for his marvelous acts and his continuous blessings in your life. I am so happy to hear this great news.

pope said...

Hi Helen: I am very happy your test is OK.
Thanks God for that!!! We love you!!!
Where are you now? We are very close to you only one hour from Gainesville.
We moved to Florida, this January 1st.

Anonymous said...

Dear Helen,

What wonderful news. God bless you for sharing your inspirational thoughts.

Ed

Anonymous said...

How are you doing? I believe you look strong everyday according to your photos and chatting. I was not qualify to have new liver right now. May be next 10 years that docotors said. I am not happy for their explaination. I will see a Hepatologist who working in Stanford University clinic next months. Then, I will decide to do something for near future health plan. Now I am taking care of my self that you talk to me last 16 months ago. I am enable to see the doctor you recommended me, those beautiful dotors are in Florida. I am just blue corlor geologist. I am not affordable to see under US health insurance system. But I am paying good health insurance that can arrange to see doctors in Florida.
I wish I want to talk to you someday.
I saved your home tow visit to show my friends same to your home town.
Take care Ma Helen. Thanks again.
KKT

helen said...

Dear KKT

I just wanted to say that hope you find some good doctors soon. You will!

Insurance, I understand very well when you mentioned about Insurance. Our goverment must do something very soon. I am,I should say my husband, he is paying my health insurance and the amount is unbelievable. Increasing each year and I hate them. Always thinking that how could most of the American people will get good health care??

Our President promised it but still not in picture!

Good luck and good health to you,

Helen

Anonymous said...

Hello Helen. It is so good to hear such a good report. I am excited for you. God is on your side. The Bible tells us not to worry and be anxious for anything. You can trust God with everything. Your son, husband and other family members. Miracles do happen, and you are a walking miracle. Don't forget that God loves you, and that you were born for a purpose. You cannot leave this world before you have completed what you were destined to do. May divine health continue to be yours in Jesus name. God bless you.
Love Gretel

hh said...

HELEN, THANK YOU FOR SHARING YOUR INNERMOST THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS WITH US. YOUR LETTER IS LIKE A CONFESSIONAL, A DIARY. YOU EXPRESS YOURSELF BEAUTIFULLY.
MUCH LOVE
HH

Helen said...

Cathy is a friend who I knew her for many year. We went the same church in Guatemala and now she is living in Antiqua and has wonderful family!

Dear Helen,

Bob forwarded your letter with the wonderful news that you are clear of cancer once again. As you say none of us can really understand that, only another cancer survivor but we can share in your joy and Rejoice at the good news.

Cathy