Monday, January 25, 2010

I hate cancer Part II

I was to go to Chaing Mai today but someone came down with flu so, we moved back the date. I have to be very careful with sick people.

This morning with a cup of coffee and I opened my emails. I just got an email from a couple who I knew for 19 years and I like them a lot. The wife' cancer has returned. It is spreading but brain, bones, breast, muscles, cardiac, intestines are not involved. She has no symptoms.

Part of the letter said, "after nearly 8 years of fabulous health reports. Also skewed is the concept of time. It feels to be going so slowly, waiting for results and conferences, but actually, all of this has taken place in just 2 weeks.

We know we don't have to ask you to pray - you are already doing so as you've read through this letter, and we love you all the more for that."

She will be in my prayers! I trust that God knows the best for her and all the cancer fighters, survivors. I also just
crying and crying after finished reading the email!

I hate cancer, I really do. Why the cancer has to come back? Why not the cancer gone forever and leave us alone? The science knows cancer can come back but do not know exactly "why and when?"

Knowing we all need to leave this earthly life one day, I pray..........

"Dear God,

When the dead part me from my family, may this dead be only from you because even dead from you is the best! I also know that "dead" is the first step to see you. You the only one who I trust in complete. Teach me, help me and guide me how to live correctly in thy eyes what ever the time left on this earth.

When I die may I be kneeling down in front of you and may I hear that "You are my child" from thy mouth. May my name be in the book of life so help me God.

In Christ name I pray,
Amen"

To cancer: I hate you, I hate you and I hate you so much!!

2 comments:

shirley said...

Helen, many thanks for these quotes from American Cancer Society about preventing / not being able to prevent recurrance. A great help to me.
Here is my thought: yes I hate the cancer, but I am humbled to think that perhaps God has seen me (and you) as people who can be trusted to spread His love and truth from within our circumstances. May we both continue to be faithful to do so.

Helen said...

My Dear shirley,

Yes, I will and I do have faith in our God forever. I trust that Christ knows each of us for the best. Thank you for your encouraging. Please put my friend whos cancer has returned in your prayer. Also for me to turst in God more than any others.

Thanks agian and take care.