Monday, September 21, 2009

I need to know!

I was reading and reading and reading about some medical news. Actually all night long and all this morning too. As I am not a doctor, I understand very little but some articles are very interesting.

This is what I am trying to understand! I wanted to know the different between Cysts, Lesion, and Tumor! Mostly I want to know that a cyst or a lesion can be dangerous or not?. I read this article from my google search, saying...............
"

Abstract
Background & Aims: K-ras mutation is frequently detected in pancreatic juice of patients with pancreatic small cystic lesions, as well as those with pancreatic cancer. Those cystic lesions are often found by chance with modern radiologic imaging modalities. In this study, we prospectively examined the prognosis of patients with pancreatic cystic lesions, focusing on pancreatic cancer development. Methods: A total of 197 patients with pancreatic cystic lesions, 80 with intraductal papillary mucinous neoplasm (IPMN) and 117 with non-IPMN cysts, were followed up for 3.8 years on average. Blood tests and imaging diagnosis were performed twice a year. The observed incidence of pancreatic cancer was compared with the expected incidence calculated on the basis of age- and gender-matched mortality of pancreatic cancer in the general Japanese population. Results: Pancreatic cancer developed in 7 patients during the observation period (0.95% per year), infiltrating ductal carcinoma in 5 and intraductal papillary mucinous carcinoma in 2. Three of the ductal cancer cases had pancreatic non-IPMN cyst as preexisting lesion. At least 2 of the carcinomas arose in regions remote from preexisting lesions. The observed incidence of pancreatic cancer was 22.5 times higher (95% confidence interval, 11.0–45.3) than expected mortality from this cancer among general population. Conclusions: Patients with pancreatic cystic lesions are at a considerably high risk for pancreatic cancer, with a standardized incidence rate of 22.5. Cancer might develop in regions remote from the preexisting cystic lesion, suggesting diffuse pathologic changes predisposing to malignant transformation in the entire pancreas harboring cystic lesions.
"


Them I read the following from the "WiseGeek".......said,

"Cysts, which are small to large bumps that can contain fluids, gas or air, can occur on the skin, or in many different parts of the body. Most cysts are benign, but there are some that require medical attention, as they can be dangerous. In general, the cysts that fall into the danger category are those affecting major organs, or those that affect the breasts. Any lump in the breast could be a cyst, but might also be a cancerous lesion and needs immediate medical attention to rule out cancer.

I am going to stop reading now. My brain is boiling from reading and not being able to understand all. So here again I say,

"I will put my trust in God"


Whether my cancer to come back or not is , in this point NO one will know. So I trust in the hand of "Almighty God"! I will beg the wisdom to face whatever the situation is waiting ahead of me. To walk alone in this world is impossible for me, to walk with God is all possible in good or bad!

I love you Christ!

No comments: