Thursday, September 17, 2009

A girl I meet in Hong Kong airport

I was quite hungry while I was waiting a plane in Hong Kong air port back to Bangkok. Went to order a plate of Chicken rice, carried the tray and was looking for a seat. So many tables were occupied then I saw a table only seated by a young girl who was having late lunch also. I told her "Can I share a seat with you?" She gave me a nice smile and said, "Oh yes please take it!" Very good English (thousand time better than me), and has a lovely face too.

Lets call her Veronica! (not her real name). I most of the time say a short blessing before I take my meal. She saw my prayed and asked, "Oh you are Christian, what kind of Christian??" I told her, "I am the Christian who believe in Holy Trinity. Who ever believe in this I consider Christian." She said, "I am a Christian too." From there we started a very nice conversation.

Veronica family lives in Bonio Island In Malaysia. She called her city KK! I have no idea where the KK is. (now I know as I looked at it in the Map). She is doing her PhD in UK and rush back to attend her sister wedding. Her sister was with her a month a go shopping for wedding in London for ta ta ta ta ta ta....................

Our both planes leaving just about the same time so we did have coffee and conversation for almost 2 hours. I asked her, "Do you have your sister photo?" she showed me from her cell phone . Her sister (beautiful girl by the way), who was trying 3 different gowns photos.

I asked, "which one she picked?" Veronica said, "This one by Vera Wang"....I went, "Vera Wang??" Wowwww! I look at it, the gown was full of layers with long tail, well..... what ever the right thing to say?? Actually I said, "Very beautiful, price tag might be too" She said, "Yes.... my brother in law paid for 9000 ponds." I talk to myself time for me to shut my mouth. Well... Once in a life so should be I guess! On top of that sure they can afford it.


Veronica gave me her email, her home address and said, " I will email to you my sis wedding photos." Looking back I am happy to know her who is very likable, sweet and POLITE!!!

Typhoon signal 3 when our planes took off. Veronica said she is concerned about typhoon. I was scare too!! Honestly I really really want to move back the date but also not wanted to miss my Burmese Traders. I did say... " Dear Christ, I know you calm the sea, you let the blind sees and the lame walks so help me God to be back home safe. Amen!!"

I appreciated that my little prayer before meal caught Veronica's attention on me. If I wanted to I no need to say blessing before meal. I did it because not for show off but to thankful that I have food to eat. I could easily thought and said, "Robins works for this. I am his wife and he feed me good and give me a wealthy life!" BUT I will never ever say that because FOR ME everything I have is a blessing from my God.

As someone said, "Yes, we work to earn money for the food, but God gives us the ability to work to earn a living. God also causes the seeds to grow so food is available. God is indeed the source of all good things. More over, God gives us a sense to use it!!"

The bible said, "Do not say to yourself, "My power and the might of my won hand have gotten me this wealth." Deuteronomy 8:17

Veronica, have a wonderful time at your sis's wedding!!

No comments: