Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Reading

Never Say Die
By

Book Description

It was a cruel twist of fate: in November 2006 Chris O′Brien, one of the country′s leading head and neck cancer surgeons, was diagnosed with glioblastoma multiforme, an aggressive and almost inevitably lethal form of brain cancer. As he knew, few sufferers survive past 12 months. Nevertheless, he was determined to beat the odds.

With the support of his close family, O′Brien took the option of radical brain surgery under the supervision of his friend, neurosurgeon Dr Charlie Teo. As told here in this warm and lively memoir, he faced the terrible toll of cancer and its treatment with an uncommon grace. In June 2009, after living with cancer for two and a half years, Chris O′Brien passed away. To the end he was optimistic and generous, relaying his energies into fundraising for an integrated cancer centre, Life house, at Royal Prince Alfred hospital. Honoured as an Officer in the Order of Australia, he was described by Prime Minister Kevin Rudd as ′a truly exceptional Australian′.

Dr. Newman is coming soon to be our house guest + his consultancy job in Bangkok! I think I did mention one of in my blogs that he is bringing me the book "Never Say Die" by Dr. Chris O'Brien.

I saw Dr. OBrien in flight TV interview done by BBC...I think??. I felt I got to read his book. I told Robins to order for me and he did. The reason I want to read the book is because..

1. I want to know about his cancer.

2. What kind of treatments he choose as the kind of cancer he had is very aggressive, normally die within a year but he survived 3 years.

3. How did he feel the day that he was told he has brain cancer as he is the Head and Neck Surgeon.

4.How did he prepared his last months!

Cancer is a unwanted surprise which will strike you any day, any time, any moment with or without sign!! Some got lucky or some got unfortunate.

Trust me this cancer will kill not only your body but also your emotion (become unbalance if you are not prepare for it), your money, your relationship, your happiness, your life, may be even to some one's faith.

For me yes, this cancer is killing slowly to some of around me but I never let this sucker killing my faith!! Again I say........

"What ever lay a head of my earthly life and my journey, I will trust in My Lord Jesus Christ... forever till I die!!" Cancer will never win me on that.

No comments: