Monday, August 24, 2009

After Death!

Dr. Graham W. Hardy was a retired from the Presbyterian ministry and he had been a broadcaster for Radio and television, the world traveler too. His tenure in Australia culminated with his appointment by Queen Elizabeth as Member of the Order of Australia (A.M.) and he was made a Knight of Justice in the order of Saint John of Jerusalem....a man with many things to say.

I like Dr. Hardy alot. I met him in Gainesville, Fl. at the Presbyterian Church which my in law's are attending. He is a very likable man with loving, caring and kindness heart. Dr. Hardy also played piano very well. He passed a way 2 years ago when I was back to Bangkok, Thailand.

When I was recovering from my liver transplant in Gainesville (I stayed in US for a little over a year), Dr. Hardy was one of my prayer friends. I bought some Doughnuts for him and he received my doughnuts as a golden doughnuts with very happy faced... always greeted me with a big bare hug. He went to the church till his last moment..... till he can rolled that wheel chair. He is a true believer. I miss seeing him in Gainesville.

I am reading his last book call " A Faith To Fly By". Now I am at the last chapter call , "What Will It Be Like After Death?".

Do you all think about "After Death?" I did not till I got told that I had cancer. As I say many times I thought I am going to die soon but I am still talking after 3 years of cancer. By the mercy now I have no one dangerous spot in my body. OK , now I think about after death sometime though.

Many people do not want to talk about death. Some ever think that talking about death is a bad luck. For me I do not mind. In Dr. Hardy's book, said, " Two popular misconceptions about life after death: first, that it consists mainly of sleeping, hopefully peacefully, and second, that the heaven will be distinctly crowded . But those are not the only strange ideas about what lies beyond death."

This is my wish...if I die I want to be kneeled before my God and wish God will tell me, "You are not going to hell!" This will be the most happiest day of my life after death but I also know, it is all up to God. As always God does the last call!!!

People's opinions are different when reply about death as we all know so little about life after death as we can't see. For me this is what I believe.. for my life after death is up to my faith in God. Just trust and I will be taking care of....period!!

"Henry Thoreau, when asked for his opinion about life in the next world, replied;"One world at a time, brother, one world at a time!" At a dinner table conversation, a distinguished guest was plagued by a persistent society lady to give his opinion on death and the hereafter till he finally exploded:"Madam, if you press me. I believe we shall enter into eternal bliss, but I do with you wouldn't talk about such a disagreeable subject!" His conception of "eternal bliss" seems to have been as defective as his manners. Or was he concealing a fear of the unknown? "Men ear death," said Francis Bacon, " as Children fear the dark." This is said in Dr. Hardy's book.

Then I read this part in his book, "The late Lord Bertrand Russell announced with bravado his unbelief: "When I die I shall rot. Nothing of my ego will survive.". Sure the late Lord Bertrand Russell is now rotting under the soil. For me I do not care that my body will be rotting or not but I do care that my "Soul" will be rotted! I do not want to remain in "Rotting Souls" group...Do you??

I believe in "Resurrection". To be resurrected yes...you have to die first!!

"In the good old days when doctors made house calls, a patient in his terminal illness, asked a searching question: 'Doctor, I know I am dying. What do you think it will be like over there?" The doctor, a sincere Christian, felt unable to give an appropriate answer. At that moment, his dog that he took with him on his rounds, having escaped from the car, was whimpering and pawing at the door. Here was a God-given answer as the doctor spoke from his heart:" My friend, do you hear my dog? He does not know at all what lies beyond this door, but he does know that I, His master, am here. You and I do not know what lies through the door way of death, but this we do know: Christ, our Master and Lord, will be there. That is all we need to know. "Thank You'" said the dying man , as a look of calm and content spread over his face." This is the last page of Dr. Hardy's book and he ended the book with...........................

"Without being "so heavenly-minded as to be no earthly use," let us live to the full the life we granted here and now, with the prayer that something of heaven may even now illumine our daily path. Let us so live this life that, in God's perfect timing, we shall be ready to leave it, and to move on to endless exploration with the Lord of all life."...............................and he said, "My knowledge of that life is small, The eyes of faith is dim; But 'tis enough that Christ knows all And I shall be with him."

I just came back from Florida and every time I walk passed by Dr. Hardy house I think about him. Dr. Hardy, I am so glad that I know you and seeing your faith which make me stronger in my own faith, I love you and miss you!! Thank you for praying with me.

No comments: