Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Bought a telephone!

I bought very similar to this phone.


I already had this one.







Pi Inga is a relative to Princess VV. She doesn't look like Thai at all as her mixed blood of Thai+German. She is very fun to be with. She makes me laugh every time I am around her. She came to Princess VV's house 3 times when I was there visiting to Princess. She took us out to the Greek Restaurant for lunch too. Thank you so much Pi Ing!!

Pi Ing came to pick up us one day to have a tea party at one of her houses which she calls the "Tea House". Ing lives in a very nice area with beautiful houses around. Herself has a huge yard with 2 main houses and a cute house, hers tea house.

There are nice houses on the way to Ing's house, prize tags are for sure.... minimum one million $ or above. Any way one of the houses was having yard sale. I like to see it (In Florida sometime I found starling silver wear), so I told Pi Ing..."P Ing, can you stop for a while I wanted to see!!" so.... We did. P. Ing and P. Yin did not get out from the car but nice enough to stop there.

The house was also selling beautiful rugs (I need no more rugs in my house if I bought one more rug Robins will divorce me !!), but all sold out. Then I saw a very cute phone. Right a way ....I like it a lot!! (I felt in love at first sight there). I am not dare to ask how much as the phone looks good and so does the house.

Anyway I did aske as my gut told me to do so. I was preparing to hear like 150 $ or 200 $ or more. I said, "How Much?". The lady who taking care of the Yard Sale (in US if you wanted to do the Yard Sale you can call someone who do it for you everything), said...."Ah Dollar!"

I was not so sure so I asked her again, "Sorry how much?" Again the lady said..."Ah Dollar!" Now I confused so I spoke to myself out loud, "hummm what is Ah Dollar, what is that mean?" The lady heard it and she came to me very slowly and said........."Ah Dollar, One Dollar!" I was over joyed not only for the one dollar but also at last I understand what she's saying. I do not want that she think what that yellow lady doing in US without speaking English. Well I do speak Yellow English, how a bout that??

I bought it without a blink and a think! I handed out one dollar to her very proudly and took the phone. Pi Inga and P Yin thought I did a very very good deal..... so am I!! They told me shoud be selling 100 $!! I hope not that the lady is making mistake on the prize.

The night before I left to Bangkok, I carefully packed my one dollar phone in my hard cover Samsonite luggage.

Arriving to Bangkok, the first thing I did was opened my luggage. Voila....my phone was very good condition but my clothes was all messed up. Then I saw a note said "for your security and for all the passengers we check your luggage." The security made me think, "How could they know my luggage code?" I am not mad at all. Actually I was pleased to know that our security are checking and working good!

I understand why they checked because my phone was with the wire. I was happy that my baby, the "Ah Dollar Phone" is in a good condition and arrived to Bangkok with me without broken.

I love my "Ah Dollar Phone!!"

No comments: