Thursday, February 25, 2010

Check Up Your Pipe

Please do the check up your value pipe, the colons!!

Some people has that attitude saying, "I am not going to do colonoscopy because if they found out something, my happiness will be gone and let it be!". Then I go "hummm......????" Many others want to check up but no money to do so.

Colonoscopy is a part of must do before getting transplant.
I was zero knowledge about big health problems prior to my liver cancer. Also before I never read about health articles because I was so healthy look and busy with my life, my family, my friends, my church and my gem business.

When I heard for the first time " The Colonoscopy'", I have no idea what they are talking about beside I knew what is "Colons." Later I found out that they put the camera from your anus into your pipe, colons and looking for the tumors or the bad spots.


Yes I am not so comfortable to think about someone going to poke my anus but that time I had no choice and know that it is good for me to get poke. I still remember very well the day of my colonoscopy.


I walked into the colonoscopy room at Shands Florida University Hospital. I saw a late middle age man, a bit chappy and as usual with clean white operation clothes. I said to myself, "Oh good! He is old and he already saw lots of anuses in his life." Actually I was talking to myself to feel relax before the procedure. Then after all preparation here came into the room was a young good looking man. No joke folks he is a one handsome dude. Then the old one said, "He is doctor (forgot his name), and he is going to do the colonoscopy."


I felt really really uncomfortable. On top of that when this young doctor asked me, "Mrs. McIntosh would you allow the medical students to come and see the procedure??". I almost drop dead!!! Without a pause I answered, "NO!!". Think it back I should help the students. Well.... there are many anuses are in line to do the colonoscopy so they can still learn the procedure on other's.


They found 2 tiny spots and they took it off. I was lucky to get poke.
I got told that after 5 years then they will colonscopy me again. I can't wait for that........., joking!!! Who will feel happy to do colonoscopy??

Once you have so much experiences of health, even one case is not exactly the same as other, you should share your knowledges. At least this is what I believe and am doing so!!!
I keep telling people do the colonoscopy, do the blood test, do the mammogram, do the pep test....ta ta ta ta ta!!

After my colonoscopy I told many Burmese in US if they are over 40 I said do the colonoscopy. One Burmese man was so happy and said to me, "Thank you Helen they found 14 pilobes!!". I was so glad to hear that. But..............................,


I am failing to convince my Robins to do so. I told him to do colonscopy for thousand times but he did not listen. I told him to do testicles check up and what I got from him was, "NO and no! No one going to squeeze my balls.", is what he keeps telling me. So fine, he is not a child and as he is very smart man he should knows what he is talking about. Beside that, most of his friends are top north doctors in every fields!!

From the bottom of my hearts, please.......... do the colonoscopy and do other check up by your own doctor's guideness. Lord knows we need the doctors and by the blessing we do have very good doctors. Those who has no luck to see the doctors I will end with this.......

"Yea, though I walk through the valley fo the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; they rod and thy staff they comfort me." Psalms 23:4

Have faith, always!!

The following new is what I read today and it said,

"Patients who have a colonoscopy performed by a non-gastroenterologist have a much greater risk of missing something that could later on develop into colorectal cancer, ScienceDaily.com reported."

No comments: