Friday, February 19, 2010

Ash

One of my things to do list before I die is I wanted to see Jerusalem. It was done in 2006 November. I was so happy. My first solo trip and I was so excited too. First time I feel like I am a big girl. Mostly I travel with my Robins and Shan. I do nothing just get in the plane and get out the plane is my simple life!!!!!

Right after one year of my liver transplant, via Israel I came back to Bangkok where my Robins is working.

I wanted to go pray in Christ's birth place to say thank you for the blessing which is countless in my life. OK I am not cult or religious maniac or extremist! But, I am a believer. I just love Christ and wanted to say "Thank You"! I do know that I can say thank you to my God not only in Israel but anywhere. Somehow deep in my heart I have this desire, "I wanted to go see Christ's birth place!"

My life I learn to trust Jesus and I learn to love God. I learn to live my life in faith with action.

As my host is an Israeli University Professor from Haifa, he did not want to drive his car to Nazareth. I fully understand his feeling too. The best way to go there was a van own by Palestine man. That's I was suggested by everyone. Then my mind flash back to what my Transplant Doctor said to me in jokingly before I left Florida. He said..., "I give you a new liver and now do not get shoot." Then I thought, "Hummmmm you never know!!" So I decided to go north of Israel with tourist van. I was so pleased!

When the minutes I saw the Jordon River...... I felt, "Woww this is not a dream I am here with my body and my soul attach." Millions of people around the world were there for different reasons.

I walked down to the river and took little water in my hand then Simply and honestly I said, "Thank you Jesus!"

My believing is not in the Christ's birth place, not at the Jordon River, Not the Jerusalem but in....."What Christ told us to do." All these places are parts of our Christ's history when he was in Human Form. A man who lives in Africa, who never being to Nazareth but who's faith is in Christ might be walking the right way than who has been everywhere!!

Yes..... watched CNN this morning and saw our Vice President with a Ash marked on his forehead! First I thought he was zapped up with Nitric for the pre Skin Cancer!! Then I found out he is a Catholic and he just attended Ash Wednesday. What is Ash Wednesday???

Here is.......

"Ash Wednesday, in the Western Christian calendar, is the first day of Lent and occurs forty-six days (forty days not counting Sundays) before Easter. It is a moveable fast, falling on a different date each year because it is dependent on the date of Easter. It can occur as early as 4 February or as late as 10 March.

Ash Wednesday derives its name from the practice of placing ashes on the foreheads of adherents as a sign of repentance. The ashes used are typically gathered after the Palm Crosses from the previous year's
Palm Sunday are burned. In the liturgical practice of some churches, the ashes are mixed with the Oil of the Catechumens[1] (one of the sacred oils used to anoint those about to be baptized), though some churches use ordinary oil. This paste is used by the minister who presides at the service to make the sign of the cross, first upon his own forehead and then on those of congregants."

I do celebrate Christmas, Easter which remind me that "Christ is in my life." I do not know about Ash Wednesday but.......I do believe in Christ's Resurrection and as his promise, he will return.

No comments: