Sunday, February 28, 2010

Barry Bowen


Robins built this farm with money and help from Barry and David Dyck's contruction team!















Belize Business Magnate Sir Barry Bowen Dies in Plane Crash



"Sir Barry Bowen, well- known Belize business magnate died today in an airplane crash just short of the runway at San Pedro Ambergris Caye according to radio and T.V. news reports. It is reported that Sir Barry was piloting his Cessna 206 when the aircraft experienced difficulties on landing approach, clipped the roof of a building with its landing gear,and then crashed into a building at a boatyard adjacent to the San Pedro Town municipal airport at about 5:30 p.m. local time.

div>

Barry Bowen was 64 years old. He is the father of five children; four sons and one daughter. Sir Barry’s importance and prominence as a businessman, developer, bottling magnate and Belizean cannot be overstated. He was one of Belize’s wealthiest men – second only to billionaire Michael Ashcroft. Sir Barry headed the Bowen Group of companies that includes the Belize Coca Cola franchise, Belikin Brewery (the only brewery in Belize) the Ford Automobile Distributorship, the Chan Chic Tourism Lodge and Belize Aquaculture Ltd. one of the largest shrimp farms in Belize. Bowen and Bowen company was started by his father in the 1930s. Barry Bowen bought the company from his father in 1978.

Sir Barry resided on San Pedro Ambergris Caye and commuted to work in Belize city on his private aircraft. He has been flying for 40 years. The plane was a Cessna 272 with a turbine engine. Similar to the ones used by the small airlines. Sources:

Belizean.com and Channel 7 News "

Helen Said: I had never stay in the farm till this Blain Atoll Shrimp Farm, belong to Sir Barry Bowen and built by Robins which is makes Robins's Shrimp Farmer life to become welknow.

I lived in this farm in and out for 6 years and in between I was in Guatemala or Florida. I had lots of memories in this farm including I saw a huge black Jaguar jumped behind our dock!

Barry was a very hard working man and also a happy man. He never lost in touch with Robins since the day Robins joins CP, one of the world leading Agricultural Company in Thailand.

As you all know how "Skype" help all of us to connect free around the world except to Burma with high cost. 5 days prior to his plane crashed I heard Barry's Voice on Skype talking with Robins. He called to talk about the Blair Atoll Shrimp farm's Business. He often told Robins, (sometime to me too), that Robins can join back to him anytime if Robins wish. He was telling me that I can stay in Miami if I get tire of the farm.

Since I am enjoying Thailand alot and Dr. Lin (Robins's Immediate Boss), is one of the reasons for Robins to stay... so we are still in here, Thailand. Thank you to CP for taking care of us good too.

As the new already said all about Barry I have not much to say beside, "Thank you Barry and may you rest in peace." If Barry can talk now I can imagine this is what he is saying....., "Wowwww I am very happy where I am now. See you all later!!"

This is for Barry.....

"My people will dwell in a peaceful habitation, in secure dwelings, and in quiet resting places." Isaiah 32:18

Our thought and prayers are with the rest of Barry's family.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Got your mail and sorry to hear about your boss passed away, may he rest in peace.

Anonymous said...

I AM SO SORRY ABOUT THE DEATH OF YOUR FRIEND. HE MUST HAVE BEEN A GOOD MAN, A HARD WORKING MAN AND A MAN YOU AND ROBINS WERE VERY FOND OF. THE PASSAGE FROM ISAIAH YOU QUOTED WAS VERY APPROPRIATE AND BEAUTIFUL. SO YOU ACTUALLY LIVED ON THE SHRIMP FARM IN BELIZE. WHAT AN INTERESTING LIFE YOU'VE HAD.

Helen said...

We had dinner with his second son, Micheal 3 months ago in Bangkok at my house. I am glad that Barry saw his children are growing up! He even saw his grand children. I still remembered the day Barry told me with very happy voice on phone.., "Helen, I am a grandfather now!"

I pray, "God, may I see my grand children too please. If this is thy will, I will see them. In Christ name"..Amen

Helen said...

Hi Barry was not my boss, he was my husband's boss.

The day I married to my Robins was my retirement day also.