Tuesday, August 19, 2008

A Letter for Susan!

Note: Susan is not her real name!


Dear Susan,

I am not going to ask you how are you because I know how you are doing. I checked in your blog this morning. I did not see you are writing your blog instead of someone wrote..... "You are in the hospital". I am so sorry to hear that. There are so many cancer patients blogs but you, is the one catch my attention. May be you are more or less my age, you have a younger children like me, we think quite similar and most of it we both know the feeling of fighting the cancer.

I am not going to say hang in there, thing will work out!, as many people said that when I was fighting my own cancer. I want to say something to you, may be this does not suit your thinking but anyway I am going to say..............."When the storm come again, you swim!".. This was from my GI doctor. I like it and thinking.... it is true. If I swim I might go some distance even though I might not make it to the bank! Unless I swim.

You do not know how much your blog is helping to others. Your information are well form and sharing your treatment programme is best knowledge to other. In one blog you said "I am more happier now"...very true! I understand what you mean and what you saying. I do feel the same..... life is more value now than before. We think life more deeper than before for me even beyond this earthly life. I used to think me, me and me now I am thinking..my son, my family, my friends, my grand mother etc...................

I will keep in touch with your blog and meantime you and your family are in my
thought and prayer.

Last year when I went to visit my grand mother in up north Thailand. I got a called from a lady, I forgot her name, she said on the phone "I am so happy to hear that you are doing well. I am praying for you"... (She is a lady who belong to the church that my father goes). I asked her "who are you?" ...and went on. My point is, it is so nice to know that people care about you, love you and praying for you. Believe me you are one of the special!

Susan, I so hope that my prayer will work to comfort you!

Love,
Helen

No comments: