Friday, September 24, 2010

About Gem and About Cancer!

Last week was a busy week actually busy with Gems and jewellery!

Eight years ago, I attended GIA (Gemology Institute of America), to get my Diamond, Designer Class and Colour Stone Diplomas. Then I went to attend the full 2 years courses at the AIGS (Asian Institutes of Gemology Science) and got my Gemologist Degree.

I got my BSc (Biology), way back my university years but do not like it much. Never use Biology to get my job either but after touching, smelling, arranging and playing the gem, I fall in love with all of them. Bangkok is the gem trading city so here I am in the right place don't I?

Last week I got some orders. 2 necklaces and 10 rings!! That's why I did not have much time to blog. Last year was a good year and this year is not bad at all.

Now about cancer....

Yesterday I went to my son's school for parents coffee morning. I have a Thai friend, her son is my son's classmate. Lets call her, Dee!! She is beautiful and has this classic Thai looks. She married to a Kuwait Pilots who she met when she was working as a air stewardess. She is thin, she looks healthy. I know her since I arrived to Thailand through the school. Any school activities she is there.

Yesterday at school meeting I noticed that she was not there. So I asked one of the parents who knows her also. I asked, "Where is Dee? " And she said, "She is sick. Do you know she has breast cancer?" I felt like a train hit me again. I was so shocked!!

Her husband was diagnosis with colon cancer two years ago. How could this happened to such a young couple..... 2 cancers in 3 years??? I am very very sad for the new. Their son is same age as my son, 15! How this boy will think about life? Even time to time I still thinking.., "The cancer took my mother and my sister both lives in such a young age!"

I learn one thing...Life you never know! Also Cancer.... you never knows who, when, how it going to attack.

When caner hitted me 5 years ago I smiply pray...."Dear God, please help me." Now today pray with me this...

"Dear God, Please help Dee and her family. In Christ name, Aman."

"I Cried out to the Lord because of my affliction, and He answered me."
Jonah 2:2