Thursday, March 18, 2010

Come back or Not?

A friend that I dearly love just told me, her cancer came back. I am sad, very sad. Did I tell you that I do have a question to myself too.....Will my cancer be back or not?? The answer is...."No one know."

Do you remember once I blogged, you had cancer and you survived but you life is changed and never be the same as before. One of the many changing is "The Cancer" never go away from your mind. It stay there or often they visits you in your mind.

I know my future is in the hand of my good God. As I said before and I will say it again........ What ever lay a head of me, come back or not, I pray that may my God be with us. May our God has mercy on us.

As my friend said to me, "Do not pray for me to be cured but pray for me that God be with me in this difficult time." Yes... I will pray that,

"Dear God,

Please be with my friend. You know the best for all of your children. As true God, you never promise us that we are not going to die but you promise us and said to us, "Who ever believe in me, Shall be save."

Save us father on earth or with you in heaven if this is thy will. Guide us to be strong. Again my father, my Lord and my God, please be with my dear friend and all of those who are in difficult time. We need you.

In Christ I pray,

Amen"

I like to share the following article.

Will My Cancer Come Back? Coping with the Fear of RecurrenceBy Lila Havens, Staff Writer, myOptumHealth

"If you have had cancer, you are one of more than 10 million cancer survivors in the United States. While each person is unique, many cancer survivors share some common concerns. One of the most basic is the fear that their cancer will come back."

"-Stay at a healthy weight for your height. Try to avoid weight gain, especially around your waist.
-Get 30 minutes of physical activity every day. Walking, swimming and riding a bike are good choices for many people. But household chores, yard work and gardening count, too. Just try to move more. Always check with your doctor before increasing your activity level.
-Make healthy food choices. Eat high-fiber, plant-based foods such as whole grains, beans, fruits and vegetables. Limit red meat and salt.
-Avoid unhealthy foods, such as smoked and cured meats, sugary drinks and fast food.
-Limit alcohol. Ask your doctor if it is okay to drink alcohol. If cancer has affected your liver or if you are on certain medications, any alcohol may be a bad choice.
-Don't smoke."

She also suggested that stay with friends who make you laugh!!

No comments: