Thursday, May 15, 2008

Toilets

May 15th 2008

I saw the most strange and sad news in this morning. The news said..... A man (can't remember his name), who flew from New York to somewhere in California was force to sit in the toilet??? It is horrible!! He was very up set that (I bet I do too), he is suing the Jet Blue for 2 million!! If someone sued MacDonald for 6 or 9 millions because of the hot coffee burned between her legs by her own accidentally, not by someone, I should say the toilet man is very kind to sue only 2 millions!! I think the toilet man is kind actually very very kind.

Talking about toilet, I have seen so many toilets in my life as going around the world. Some are nice, some are very nice but some are even do not know how to sit on. In Shan State when I was young, my father has this quite nice ( 30 years ago), two story brick house. But I notice that there are no toilets in the house. Back then who care, now think it back I wonder.....it was Shan style? tradition? for health? Preventing from danger?? who knows!!..... My father yard is about 1 1/2 acre.. the toilet is way way back of the house. We did have electricity back then even better than nowadays. The electricity is only in the house so at night my father had this urine pot ( a big one), so he was in good condition and convenience. My father no need to find accompany to go far back home toilet but me and my sister did not have Urine Pots. So every time we want to go at night, we both go together with candle. I remembered we fight alot for disturbing toilets.

In Thailand, way up remote place on the mountain...there is no toilet at all. They all run to the bushes!! When 16 years ago on my trip for hiking and staying with mountain people (This is only American way of holiday, I should say) and their way of living, I learn the value of toilet. I still do remember that the most special toilet I had ever been to.

One late night of that trip, my stomach was so pain that I need the toilet immediately. I told Robins to help me to go find toilet. He was so tired and dead sleep too. Meantime I was feeling almost come out with attacking pain...So I ran out of the hut but can't make decision which direction or which bushes?? Then I saw in the middle of the village, there is a Elephant Stand (as elephant is so big, in order to get on their back to ride on you have to climp up the stairs to reach on the elephant's back), it is almost high as one story flat level. Without thinking I was so happy to climb up on the stand, my butt hung out in the middle of the night, I did what I have to do unconditionally. I was so released and so happy!!

Here came the night mare of my whole life! Suddenly I head that awful noises....was causing me fear to dead! Screamed to get help! No luck at all. There were about 18 pigs came out from nowhere fighting for my @#$% !!! I can't go down from the Elephant Stand waiting for the pigs to go away. It was a good 15 minutes crying and waiting! I never forget that toilet and specially on that night of my life!!!....OK be positive, what a wonderful experience?? From that night on ..I learned to sit behind the bush with a long stick to chase the pigs out every time I need TOILET!! Was so fun to see all the tourists with the long stick finding the bushes for 3 days with the mountain people!!

The next day lunch... the village Head Man fed us pigs curry for lunch. Of course I did not touch nor look at that pig curry dish. I do have a good reason for not to eat but never tell other tourist do not eat that pork either. Have a good Toilets you all!!

No comments: