Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Voting in Burma

April 22th 2008

I wake up around 8:30 today! Lately I have been watching the Runway (the fashion TV show, Austin make me laugh and I like him!!) and Nip and Tuck (this TV show make me feel wanted to do plastic surgery so bad..no jock!!). Had my coffee and read my news from both (Newspaper and subscribers)...I found the following article which is make me cat fish smile..(remember cat fish has very little smile!!)..

When I left Burma, I think it was 1986??? my passport number was only ###, three digit!! As I did mention some of my friends were so crazy to leave the country but I was so happy working at the US Embassy..loved my job. We had this 6 young girls group, fresh from Graduate and got a good pay job (in Burma Standard)...My mother made me to go with her to Hong Kong which is I never regret. I learnt so many new way of life over there..I love Hong Kong too!! I learn to speak Chinese, learn to deal with different , learn the value of money ..ta..ta...ta...ta..

Now, see the voting is coming in Burma..I think this is second time voting of my whole life! Who ever out of the country and hold the legal documents they MUST vote YES! if NOT how could they renew their documents. Remember that people are living in fear..no way out! You want to vote NO but need to worry about your documents which is need to deal with Burmese Embassy mean time they are lobbying to vote YES!

If you allow me to shoud, I will shoud the top of my Lung as............" Thank You America...I love you"!!!! Hope we get a very smart President in year 2008!!


Voting begins at Burmese Embassies
By SAW YAN NAING
Monday, April 21, 2008, -->


Burmese embassies have been announcing to Burmese people who live and work abroad that they can go and vote at embassies for the constitutional referendum, according to exiled Burmese. The voting process has already begun at Burmese embassies in South Korea, Singapore, Japan, Thailand and Malaysia.
Malaysia’s Kuala Lumpur-based Burmese embassy urged Burmese people who possess legal documents, such as Burmese passports or work permits, to come and vote at the embassy from April 19 to 27.
There is an estimated 500,000 Burmese people currently living in Malaysia, of whom about 180,000 possess legal documents, according to sources in Malaysia.
A Burmese doctor in Malaysia told The Irrawaddy that she voted “No” to the constitution on Sunday.
Last week, the Burmese embassy in Singapore announced dates for voting from April 26 to 29 while the embassy in South Korea has urged Burmese people to vote on April 27, according to Burmese people living in those countries. Voters are also required to bring legal documents such as passports and work permits, said sources.
Ko Myo, a Burmese migrant worker in Singapore said that he will go and vote “No” at the Burmese embassy on April 27. He added that many Burmese people are voting “No” in the national referendum.
Following the brutal crackdown on the peaceful protesters and monks in September 2007, many Burmese in exile refuse to support the draft constitution written by the military junta, said Ko Myo.
About 50,000 Burmese people are estimated to be currently living in Singapore, most of whom hold legal documents, said sources in Singapore.
Yan Naing Htun, a Burmese activist in South Korea, said that the Burmese embassy in Seoul is urging Burmese people in Korea to vote in the national referendum on April 27. He said the embassy was also lobbying people to support the junta-written constitution by voting “Yes” at the referendum.
He noted that some Burmese people are likely to vote “Yes” on April 27 even if they would rather vote against the constitution, because they are afraid of possible repercussions when they return to Burma.
Yan Naing Htun also said he was preparing to join a demonstration against the constitution on April 27 outside the Burmese embassy.
“We are going to hold a campaign against the draft constitution. We will go and set up an artificial ballot box in front of the embassy advertising the “Vote No” campaign,” said Yan Naing Htun. “We will also chant slogans against the constitution.”
There are estimated to be about 2,000 Burmese people currently in South Korea, said sources in the capital, Seoul, while more than 200,000 Burmese migrants live in Thailand.

No comments: