Monday, April 28, 2008

Ring Road

April 26th 2008


AT 9:30 am, I went to the church to practice my solo for this Sunday. I have to say that I do not have voice like Celine Dion but almost as good as hers.....aha! Robins and Shan went to play Tennis and met me at the Central Chit Lom Shopping Center. We had lunch there with Earle, the Piano man!

I ate Vietnam food. I love the noodle there! My son ordered as always... Italian food!! My son said vegetable are bad for him.. 12 years old they starting to talk crazy sometime. After that I shopped for a while, got Robins a white shirt! Got me a polo shoes. Robins continued to go buy some DVD movie at another shopping center. Shan and I came back home ahead.

We had Driver who doesn't speak English at all. I always hired people do not speak English so that we can speak the local language as fast as I can. My driver is Thai, my Cook is Thai, my cleaner is Nepalese. They all no one speak English!I do speak Thai now. At home I speak Spanish to my son because I do not want him to forget his Spanish. In Guatemala and Belize...my nanny, my yard man and my cook spoke only Spanish. My son was growning up with Spanish Language as his first Language. OK back to my Driver inBangkok, he works Monday to Saturday half day. This Saturday he told me that he had appointment so he can't work for OT. I told him to go back by Sky Train and I will drive.

Well you all know that driving in Bangkok is not easy but I do drive time to time. I only drive the way that I know. ...But today I did take a chance and the chance give me very bad turn.... my car was on the ring road which is I never been there!!! I was so scared but was trying to look the way back home. I have no idea that where I was and where to turn....thinking that I will round and round and round then I will off from ring road...but no luck! Suddenly I realized that I have no seen tall building anymore...then I know I crewed up! Shan video taped all the way and laughed to dead! I was creamed at him to shut up but he was not! Road look like I was driving to Pataya or Chaing Mai. I was SWEAT!

I sweat so bad that I called my Princess's son because I knew that he is good on ring road... thinking that he will navigate me back home! Bad luck ...He was in Hong Kong for meeting so I hang up!

Well as smart as I am...I stoped the car, went out and called the Taxi. I told the Taxi Driver "You drive ahead of me and take me to the Sukunvit, any Sukunvit OK please".. He did not understand but I told him "just do it I will give you 300 baht"..he was happy, I was happy and my son was happy to be back home!

I won't do that again...never!





No comments: