Tuesday, January 8, 2008

My trip

The day I arrived at my grandma's house: She was sitting outside waiting for me and Shan. She looks so good and in my eyes she is as beautiful as Elizabeth Taylor! For 89 years old woman, she is still walking straight up, cooking and planting so many things in her small garden. My grandma is not rich as Elizabeth Taylor in money but I am very sure she is more richer in her inner mind. Well my grandma did not have 7 husbands as Ms. Taylor! I do not know what she will feel for that if she ever had 7 husbands too! We had a good time and I took here to Cheing Mai for a house warming party. We came back at night to Mai Sai and she yelled at me and said "next time don't even put me at night in the car, I can't see the view and I do not like to sit in the dark"..

My Pig: My Christmas pig!!!I have no photos of my pig before one but I do have some after one. I ate the pig and was so good. They cooked the pig as mountain way which is not so much oil. You will see some photos soon.

My chicken: I do not touch the chickens as they looked so skinny. I do not know why the pig was fat and the chicken were so skinny (not so much meat but full of bone)..... They cooked chicken curry but not like Indian nor Burmese curry ....ofcourse as mountain way whcih mean the chicken were flooting on water with little oil.

Stela: Her grandfather and my grandfather were brothers...so I do not know how she's relative to me, my cousin???? I never seen her in my life before but my grandma introduce me. She is a very attracted girl. She let me drove her SUV and we went to Cheing Seing, a town border to Lao. I saw so many people pee peeing by the river side and so many fishs they are cooking by the river too. Those fish might be so salty!!! I did not eat the fish there ...I was thinking so deeply and make me pewt!!

New year night: Stela arranged the new year party by the fish farm. My shan was fishing and we had that baby pig roasting on the banboo fire. Everyone drinking so much except me and my grandma. There are so many people said they can't speak English but after 2 bottles each of wine...everyone starting to speak english which I did not understand much. My Shan won't touch the baby pig saying they did not clean the brain off.. That's my boy!!!

Christmas day: We all went to the church. At the church there were 4 American, well 5 if you including my son or he is half half???? So... American, Shan, Lahu, Chinese and Kaw people we all prayed together but to only one holy God! This is very good.

bye now.....helen

No comments: