Tuesday, April 27, 2010

RED, Red and red!!!!

I am living in Bangkok for now into 8 years! Never being before like today situation. As you all know we are living with this big question Mark, What is today???? News are flying all over and some time do not know which one is the TRUTH!!

I was in Central America where Robins was working with his Shrimps prior of Thailand. In and out to USA 3 times a year cause short trip from Guatemala. People said Guatemala is dangerous but for us we were never in danger. A handful of good friends and love them.

Bangkok is a nice place to stay. People are smiling, eating, selling or talking, I would say full of happy people. Now people are walking all over the streets with RED SHIRT!!! OK now if I say about RED SHIRT PARTY hope you know what I am talking about. Most of them are unfortunate people or simply said poor people in Red Shirt party. Can say Thaksin followers?? Why?? Said, Thaksin care about them. I do not want to get into detail which I do not want to. OK mainly the rich and the poor is one of the problem.

I have one question. Tell me which country in this world do not exist poor or rich or middle class??? For me the poor needs the rich and also the rich need the poor too.

I have a woman who is working for me. She cooks for us and she is also very "RED". She can't wait to go the "RED" gathering place. One day I found out that she goes there not for the reason of real "RED" but said to me, "I want to go there make money!!" I said, "How?". She said, "Giving massage and I get one hours 100 bath!" I can only say... Amazing Thailand!!!!!

I was sitting at home since I came back from my holiday but yesterday I am starting to move! I went to pick up my jewellery. Today I am going to Furniture Show with my Taiwanese Friend again. Of course with my Tennis Shoes in case I must run!!

Bottom line, my thought and prayers are with Thai people!! Our Church has been praying since the problem started. I will never know what is the Answer will be but I trust! God knows the best!!!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Helen, Get your Husband,son and skin and come home!!!!! Go back when things cool down.

Helen said...

"What lies ahead? Confrontations between the red shirts and other groups are likely, and surely violence is inevitable if the crisis of lawlessness escalates. What's more? If the red shirts continue to set up checkpoints to harass other people, there could be militias formed by rival groups to take the law into their own hands as well."

Just read this new from the Nation!

Helen said...

I realy hope nothing serious happens.....Why do people like to fight???

Anonymous said...

Take good CARE of your self and Robins and Shan. Don't take any chances. There are so many people who love our Burmese Ruby!!!

JM said...

Helen,

My heart and prayers go out to you,Robin and your family. What an emotional time for Thailand and I am fortunate to have come away with such great great memories of Thailand and their people especially the both of you, humble,honest,gracious,kind,and so very very giving.I can only wonder what will happen next. I pray this will end soon with very little tragedy my thoughts are with you! Hope to see you again soon

Helen said...

Thank you so much to you all for thinking about us!