Thursday, April 22, 2010

Cancer!

This week I had heard some people that I knew was/are fighting cancer!

Holiday was very good. Always nice to be with my grand mother. She is 93 this year. As healthy as she can be too. I will say again........, every time I see my grand mother's health situation I see God's plan for her. When my mother die of 42 and my sister was 31, I see God's knows the best. Now I am living with new liver because of Liver Cancer, still I understand what God's plan for me too.

I am living with this new liver for 5 years now. In July, 2010 I will be in Gainesville, Fl. at Shands hospital for my yearly check up. I trust in what my God's plan for me. God never promises me (us), that I will not die but said clearly to me, "Who ever believe in me shall be saved." I trust what God said.

Lang, who is only 50++ is living in the most Northern Point of Thailand. A woman who starting to work since she was early 20, married, save money all her life, has comfortable place, who has 3 good looking sons, just diagnose with State 4 liver Cancer. I went to visit her this trip! The doctor in Chaing Mai told her that 3-6 months is the most. I know how she feels because I was in that cancer's shoes before.

Jean, who is my son's very good friend's father die last Monday. I met this gentleman sometime at the parent+teacher meeting at Bangkok Patana British School. I think he was late 50. He die of cancer. I can't believe it because I just seen him 6 month ago. He looks perfectly fine now he passed a way. Life??? My thought and prayer for this young Jean's family.

A Shan lady also who is 60++ and living in Bangkok just diagnose with Lung Cancer. She is a lady who doesn't smoke nor drink but told me that when she was young she was most of the time working at the polluted streets selling Insurance around for many years.

All these news are in within one week!

Every time when I heard cancer hited someone, my heart feel pain!!

My thought and prayers to all the cancer patients who are fighting, in remission, in recurrent and who are free from 10, 20, 30 years...

"Dear God,

You knows the best for all of us. Lord, I beg and pray to you please may you be with all those cancer patients and with their families. Thy mercy be with us my God, please.

In Christ name,
Amen"

Date updated: 14 hours ago Provided by : Bolohealth
By Debjani Baidyaray

Prevent cancer with simple lifestyle change


Mumbai, April 21: Cancer can be controlled and prevented, believe experts. With simple lifestyle changes and keeping oneself active, development of cancer can be prevented. There are more than 100 types of cancer which can affect any part of the body. Cancer along with heart disease and stroke, diabetes and chronic respiratory disease are affecting the world over.

Cancer continues to be the leading cause of death worldwide with as many as 13 percent (7.4 million) dying due to cancer. The number of global cancer deaths is estimated to increase 45 percent from 2007 to 2030 (from 7.9 million to 11.5 million deaths).

By 2020, cancer could kill 10.3 million people per year unless we act and there could be an increase in the new cancer cases by about 50 percent. If proper action is being taken now, them at least 2 million lives can be saved by 2020 and about 6.5 million lives by 2040.

Lung cancer kills people more than any other type of cancer. In developing countries, cancers like prostate, breast, colon, stomach and liver are seen to affect people.

Going by this year’s World Cancer day theme, “Cancer can be prevented too,” taking early actions can help in saving millions of lives from getting affected. The World Health Organization (WHO) and the International Union Against Cancer are working together to address the cancer situation at a global level and to promote concerted action against cancer. One of the many possible solutions includes prevention.

The four main risk factors of cancer are tobacco use, unhealthy diet, physical inactivity and harmful use of alcohol. Taking control of these can prevent more than 30 percent of cancer, says a 2005 study by international cancer collaboration. Proper knowledge about the disease and its causes, preventive measures and how to manage the disorder is important.

Tobacco remains the number one cause of cancer and giving up smoking and tobacco chewing can prevent from getting lung and oral cancers.

Reduced consumption of alcohol can cut down risks of cancers like breast, bowl, liver and mouth.

Physical inactivity is a one of the biggest lifestyle measures that can prevent breast and bowel cancer. Activities like brisk walking, gardening or doing any kind of housework for at least 30 minutes a day can slash risk of cancer.A simple balanced diet consisting of high fiber, fruits and vegetables and less in red meat and processed food, sugar and saturated fats is considered to be ideal for reducing the risk of cancer. Statistics show that one-fifth of all cancers worldwide are caused by chronic infections such as human papillomavirus (HPV) causes cervical cancer and hepatitis B virus causes (HBV) causes liver cancer. Practicing safe sex can help in preventing transmission of such virus from the infected person. Cervical cancer, which is caused by HPV, is a leading cause of cancer death among women in low-income countries.

A major risk factor that causes skin cancer or melanoma is undergoing tanning sessions in the artificial sun beds. The use of artificial UV rays for skin tanning can lead to serious damages to the skin.

Prevention is a key to reduce the risk factors of cancer and other non-communicable health disorders like heart disease and stroke, diabetes, and chronic respiratory disease. Also read: How to survive breast cancer

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"HPV dissemination and be on the alert for having multiple sexual partners and a partner's smoking habit..........................."