Friday, April 30, 2010

Open Letter to Shakira

Dear Shakira,

I just read CNN new on my blackberry. I saw that You, Shakira enters Arizona immigration law fight. When I saw this headline news I was so curious that what are you fighting for! So I continued to read and some how I understand more or less what you are fighting about.

You said, "The mayor is very , very worried, as well as the chief of police here, " "They're both very worried about the impact that implementation of this law will have on Latino families, the level of abuse that will be inflicted on Latinos, with or without papers."

I am not understand you. Why this law will inflicted on only Latinos? Do you really really think that my country, The United State of America is lawless, stupidly and unfairly will beat up on only Latinos??

Lets see the law said, "require immigrants to carry their alien registration documents at all times." Right? Did not say "The Latino Immigrant" but said, "Immigrants" means, all Shakira.

I used to live in Hong Kong and Macau for 4 years. Let me tell you my dear, I have to carry my document "ALL THE TIME". By the way I also have to tell you that I am SHAN/BURMESE. Further more to share you with my own experience, Macau is full of Burmese Immigrants. You take the Burmese, the Thai, the Filipino and Mainland Chinese from that Macau (that time was under Portuguese), it will be left very small population too. What I mean is.... yes, the police can check anytime they want on all of those people. Not on only Burmese because the Burmese in Macau just look like Chinese and they are Burmese/Chinese!!!!!! What I mean is, even you look like Chinese you don't ever expect that you will not get check! Oh yes you will....! The points is, if you want to live in Macau you better listen the Macau/Hong Kong law. No one above the law Shakira!!

One more thing to educate you is..... we all look a like in Asian and we can't say you check Burmese more than Filipino or you check Thai more than Chinese. The authority will check who they think to check up! You know some Filipinos just look like Latino!! Trust me on that too Shakia. I even look like Filipina you know that!!

Now back to Arizona. Racial Profiling is you are worry about right??

In Arizona full of Chinese, Russian, Burmese, Filipino, I bet there will be some Jews, Indian, Vietnam, Thai, Lao and many more list to go on............... Right Again? Well... I understand that unfortunately more Latino than others people there but remember I said, we Asian , some look like you Shakia if they paint the hair colour like you!!! Now, On these so many different people, why you just wanted to fight for only Latino???

You also said, "I (Shakira), just met with some families and women who have been subjected to domestic violence, and they are so concerned," ... Well what I understand you here is, women worry to call the police when they get beat up from their men because they do not have the legal document, right?

Then Why don't you educated the men not to beat their wives up instead of you want to change the law? Come on Shakira, sound like you a bit selfish on that don't ya??? When the black or white or the yellow women got beat up by their men, yes free choice to call the police so does Latino too. Free choice!!!

To be fair on Latino Shakira, some Asian man beat their wive up too. For sure many are do not have legal document either. Other round, Asian women like to chop up their cheating husband packers off too!

Shakira..... come on, nowadays we live in different world. We are facing many threats and problems but here you are just thinking more of your people than our United State's Security???

You also said, "If this law was already in effect today, for example, I could be detained and arrested and taken away because I don't even have my driver's license here. I'm completely undocumented here."
I am completely lost on your saying.

OK I do not know where you live but let me tell you do you know What is call, "Passport"? Carry your freaking passport! I just visited to Hong Hong 5 months ago and I have or I must to carry my passport all the time or lock it in the save box and runs around with my PP's copy for to prevent loosing!!! The police are not that stupid you know. If I even got check up in other country or say, I am not carrying my PP then tell the truth to police that "Locked it up at my Hotel room", the police will let me go get the PP may be with them. So what the fuss Shakia.

I have some Burmese people who I knew. They are in Florida living under condition of Political Asylum. They must carry their special document all the time!! Period!! So Shakira, not only your people need to carry the paper but there are some Burmese too. Help them too if this is the case so to speak as yours.

By the way. What do you mean you said, "I am completely undocumented in here (Arizona)"??? You come to USA without PP and VISA?? Or just crossing the border.

Shakia, if I have to tell you how I become an US Citizen, you will understand or you will cry why I am writing to you this open letter.

After 17 years of marrying to an American, by the way legally married wife not mistress and after many many many trips to Immigration offices, after many cost, after oral and wirtten test by Immigration officer, I become American which I am very poud to be one of them. Yes.. knowing how I become US Citizen, I do not want US Laws treated ME the same level of those illegals. (Of course I am not talking about Latino illegal, I mean to all those illegals people, even from outer space if there is one!!).

Finally I say to you Shakira, looking back the history of the founding fathers of USA.... yes like it or not they are mostly White and some black. From then we built colourful United State of America. Which is good because I am yellow. Once we become American, we are American. On Bible, I swear on my naturalization day saying, "I will protect United State when the time need all of us." I dwell on that and I will because I love America!!

Oh oh oh, forgot to tell you that.. USA gave me a new LIVER too! I am so thankful to my US Doctors, US Nurse, my US Husband and my US Hospital, it calls Shands of University Florida. LOVE YOU GUYS!!! Mucha Amor Para Ustede..........

Well, Hope you read my Shan/American's English and understand what I want to say to you. By the way Shakia, Yo soy puede habla Spanol mui bien! Si tango tempo por favour me yama. Here is my Cell phone number...@#$%^&*()@!!

By the way you are very good at singing. I like some of your music (not all), and dance with it too! You are very talented. For your information, I like lady ga ga and Amy Winehouse!!!

Bye bye Shakira,

Helen of Bangkok!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

A GREAT letter, Helen. Good for you. Love, Another XXXX

BM said...

This is a good reply, Helen.

Helen said...

I am tired of those Illegal who come to stay in my country and want to make noise also.

Hope they know the saying of Chinese proverb:
"The most noisy frog got kill first"!!

Where is the gratitude?????